Finding the accurate meaning of smart casual for men can be a true nightmare. Oxford Dictionary, trying to break it down into simpler terms defines it as “neat, conventional, yet relatively informal in style, especially as worn to conform to a particular dress code”. But these days, it is quite natural and common for smart casuals to be the most obvious dress code, irrespective of the occasion or season. However, it is totally correct that whatever smart casual means, it is likely to be something different today than it was in the starch-collared 19th century.
Smart Casual Dress Code for Men
Since there’s no perfect meaning to smart casual, therefore it can mean anything. Smart casual in the terms of fashion can be meant to say a kind of dress code that looks smart and at the same time feels comfortable. Smart casual can further be classified into two different categories:
1. Formal Smart Casual: Formal smart casual is a mixture of comfy fashion in smart looks. In an easier way, a jacket or blazer, flannels, needled trousers, or chinos, formal shirt and smart shoes together form a perfect formal smart casual outfit.
2. Informal Smart Casual: Informal smart casual remains vague, like the definition of the phrase smart casual. To sum up an informal casual outfit, know that it can be a combination of smart, clean and dark-colored jeans, polo t-shirts and absolutely any kind of smart shoes (just not formal).
Difference between Casual and Smart Casual Dress Code
When it comes to the difference between casual and smart casuals, you can think of the latter as ramping things up a notch. While the casual dress code may be as simple as a basic t-shirt and a pair of jeans, smart casual might mean choosing a collared polo tee or decent denim in dark wash. You can find men’s pants online under the various categories that might go well with your taste and preference.
A further distinction is that smart casual is chosen to style a relatively polished and neat look whereas casual dress code means styling and carrying a look that is just no more than a basic look that you have been styling since ages and have also been seeing others doing the same. Smart casual is one of the best dressing styles for men.
That being said, casual attire can be a great leaping-off point for finding the apt smart casual outfit. Start with pieces in your daily closet and then bring in some more upscale garments, or a little bit of flash. This should be your guide towards an outfit that’s a little nicer and better than your daily casual outfit. Get online sunglasses for men for an even better look, without having to give up on comfort and your unique fashion style.
Smart Casual Men’s Style Tips
When it comes to adopt the smart casual dress code, you might need these tips to help you get started:
1. Change Your Attitude: Changing your attitude can help you change your entire body language and your looks too. After all, smartness is more a matter of the appearance of your clothes than the style that they carry.
2. Keep it Minimal: A little too much spoils the fun every time. While you keep the outfit minimal and smart, you can easily flaunt your style without actually having to flaunt it. To add an element you can add men’s fashion accessories too.
3. Throw Some Shade: Throwing up a shade to balance the look and even to change it can turn up your fashion game. You just need to develop a good sense of it before you actually set out to explore.
4. Take the Rough with the Smooth: A combination of two decent opposites can be a perfect combo to style. You will be amazed to check the final results. However, you might need to try out those combos before finally deciding to pair them up together.